Otago Central Rail Trail
New Zealand’s Best Cycling Holiday!
Explore Central Otago at a leisurely pace and soak up the stunning scenery, indulge yourself in delightful cuisine and experience true southern hospitality at its best!
Voted New Zealand's best cycle trail, the Otago Central Rail Trail is the perfect cycling holiday for families, couples and groups of friends.
Let us plan your next cycling holiday - Check out our Tour Packages
The Otago Central Rail Trail
The Otago Rail Trail is a 152km cycle trail which runs through Central Otago from Clyde to Middlemarch. The Rail Trail is a Grade 1 Cycle Trail – Easy. Making this trail a great cycling holiday for people of all ages and cycling abilities.
Trail Start: Clyde or Middlemarch
Trail Finish: Middlemarch to Clyde
Distance: 152km on a gravel cycling and walking track (no cars)
Closest Airports: Queenstown (Clyde) to Dunedin (Middlemarch)
Number of Days: 3-5 Days depending on your cycling fitness
Accommodation: You will stay in accommodation in the little towns along the Rail Trail. Accommodation ranges from Luxury Lodges to Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation, all with great southern hospitality.
With over 20 years’ experience, we know our bikes and we know the Otago Central Rail Trail. We know what works and what doesn't. We know where to stay and where not to stay and we know how to make your Rail Trail experience an enjoyable and memorable one!
How can we help ....
- Provide the best bike hire on the Rail Trail - Uni-Sex Step Thru Bikes, Rail Trail 29ner MTB, E-bikes, kids bikes and accessories!
- Provide reliable and comfortable transport to and from the Rail Trail
- Provide convenient luggage transfers from accommodation to accommodation
- Book accommodation which best suits your requirements
- Make evening meal reservations and suggestions
- Provide a full itinerary with all the information you require