Biking more than 150km over a few days isn't a walk in the park (excuse the pun!) and while many people bike the Rail Trail on their own bike, pins and needles in the hands, a sore toosh and lack of gear carrying facilities made us really think about our hire bikes.
We wanted to offer a really comfortable bike. A bike even the most inexperienced rider could jump on and enjoy (and be able to walk the next day!) We wanted to give a Rolls Royce experience when our clients biked the Rail Trail.
So, we custom-built a bike specific to the Rail Trail:
All our bikes feature:
- Suspension forks and seat post – for your riding comfort and safety
- Gel Seat with additional elastomer – offer maximum comfort for both male and female riders.
- Raised handle bars – provide a comfortable up-right riding position to avoid lower back and neck strain.
- Large Pedals – offer a secure riding platform and stop sore foot arches.
- Front and rear disc brakes – for improved control and safety.
- High quality shimano components – ensures reliability.
- High quality duro tyres – for strength and traction on the Trail.
At the completion of each hire every bike is fully serviced to ensure our Hire Fleet is maintained to the highest quality. Every year we retire a small number of our hire bikes and offer these for sale.